If your sewage system is experiencing some damage, trenchless technology may be your ultimate summer sewage repair; and here are three reasons why.
1. Its Highly Cost-Effective
On paper, traditional sewer pipe repair will probably appear similarly priced or even less expensive than trenchless technology. However, the numbers don’t tell the whole story. Consider these added costs of traditional sewer pipe repair that won’t be applicable with trenchless technology:
- Excavating and removing the old piping and the additional labor needed to do this.
- Moving any large objects or structures located above the pipeline plus labor to do it.
- Professional landscaping to repair damage following excavation and repair.
- The nuisance factor for homeowners and interruption of business costs for commercial operations.
2. It’s a Greener Alternative
Do you care about the environment? Most people do. With traditional pipe repair, all excavated metal or PVC sewage pipes will usually be scrapped and new metal or PVC pipes would be laid in their place. Because trenchless technologies repair the existing pipes, no material needs to be tossed in a landfill or manufactured. That’s a win-win for the environment!
3. It Won’t Interrupt Your Summer Fun
Traditional pipe repair will require digging up your yard in order to excavate the old piping and it can’t take a while. This can seriously put a cramp on any BBQ plans. Not so with trenchless technology. There are two commonly-used trenchless technologies used for pipe repair/replacement:
- Lateral Pipe Lining inversion. Also known as cured-in-place piping (CIPP), this technology adds a layer of epoxy resin to reline the existing pipe. Basically, it creates a new pipe within the old one.
- PIP lining. Is also known as Pull or push in place lining is another method that can be used in certain situations.
- Both of these methods are almost completely non-invasive and can be accomplished usually within a day, so your yard will stay intact and the fun can continue!
Keep the Summer Party Going with Trenchless Plumbing Repair
Don’t let traditional pipe repair methods ruin your backyard celebrations – and your backyard, period. Consider trenchless technologies that won’t interrupt your summer fun! Contact the professionals at H&M Underground Solutions, to learn more about how your sewage system can benefit from this state-of-the-art technology.